Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kal-Tire



I don’t have internet at the moment, so I can’t do a Google search to see if we have Kal Tire in the states.  If we do, I hope you all check ‘em out and I hope you have the awesome experience I just had!
            We had a bent rim on the PT Cruiser wheel, just bent enough to cause the wheel to look like it was wobbling, but the tire was holding fine and it drove with no vibration.  We decided to be at Kal Tire at 7:30 am when they opened to have them check it out.
            At 7:20 I’m at Kal’s, and “Chuck” pulls up in his Kal Tire Truck and his clean Kal Tire shirt.  He asks me how I’m doing and I tell him that depends on this tire.  He looks at it (still hasn’t opened up the store) and tells me it’s probably alright.  I tell him I’m headed for Alaska and it was making me nervous.  He says, “Well, we could remove the tire, hammer the rim straight, and put the tire back on for you.” 
“What would that cost?” I ask.
“Oh, no charge.”
“Oh come on, there HAS to be a charge for all that!”
“We’ll just say it was a flat fix, and we don’t charge to fix flats.”
Are you kidding me!!!  Flats don’t involve removing the tire from the rim!  Unbelievable!
So Chuck opens the store, writes it up, when the first employee arrives he gives him the job, and Chuck directs me to the waiting area.  Through the glass I see my repair guy with a red cape on!  Later when I‘m checking out, I ask him about the cape.
“Oh, he just wears that when he’s driving your car so he doesn’t get any dirt on your seats!”
Unbelievable.
Then, Chuck’s buddy comes in to tell me they also re-balanced the wheel since it had been hit so hard, and they did a battery check on my car.
Wow.           
“So what do I owe you for all this?”  (Reaching for my wallet.)
Chuck pre-empts me with a handshake and a “Have a nice day sir!”

KAL Tire.  My new favorite tire store.
Sorry Belle Tire
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment