Friday, October 12, 2012


Two years+ since the Alaskan Blog Travel Postings
10/08/12


Grandpa w/ Brynn
Grandma w/ Reed
Blair, Jackson & Grayden

A last minute picture, the two on laps had not had a nap, the other 3 were raring to go!



Grandma Sheila w/Lincoln James, born 10/2/12


Okay, looking back on the title that Bill came up with for our blog, “The Life Journey of Bill and Sheila.  Tales from the road of life.” Things haven’t quite gone the way we had planned.  However, God has a way of showing us we can make all the plans we want but the “Journey of Life” is not always smooth and we are not in control.  LOL.  However, though we planned to travel extensively enjoying His creation and His work through Sojourners, He showed us that our “mission” for the past couple years was completely different.  In lieu of all of that, the title of the blog still has rung true for us these past two years since our fantastic trip to Alaska and back.  It is a “Life Journey” and we do have “Tales from the road of life”. 

We didn’t quite take Brian “kicking and screaming” out of Ohio and to Michigan to live, but it was an adjustment for all.  I still claim that Bill has taken the girl out of Ohio but he will never take the Ohio out of the girl.  Recently when he passed through Ohio without me I told him to stop and hug Ohio for me.  He did more than that, he bought me a nightshirt that says “Ohio Girl”.  How sweet!! 

Anyway, I digress.  It took sometime to acclimate Brian to Michigan.  He now has a job, his own apartment, friends and family close by and has found a wonderful church family at Bristol Road.  So many blessings have unfolded for Brian but as much as Ohio is in me, I think Brian is Ohio.  LOL.  It has certainly been a long process but we are all so thankful that God has him in His care and he is in a better place emotionally, spiritually and financially.  Praise God.

During all the adjustments in life my CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) flared up and became more debilitating.  My sweet daughter, Jennifer, was bound to find some answer and through the internet she found a doctor in Beverly Hills, MI that specializes in CFS and infectious diseases.  So between her and Bill’s influence and support I started seeing him in April.  Good news / Bad news.  He found an active virus that is causing the symptoms of CFS and placed me on a strict 6 months to 1 year sabbatical and anti-viral regimen. (Not fun).  No traveling, getting tired or having fun.  LOL.  All of you that know me, know that “patience” and “sitting still” are not my strong suits, so it has been a long 6 months.  Bill has tirelessly and selflessly served and cared for me, doing everything in his power “to keep me down”.  It has not been an easy job for either of us.  But the prayer is that at the end of this “season” in our lives we will overcome this illness that has plagued me and limited me for 25 yrs now.  God is teaching me to be at peace, to be still and know that HE is GOD!  Sometimes I am a slow learner. 

Blessings have continued through these past two years of “waiting” to get back out on the road.  We have spent much time enjoying our grandchildren.  Jason &Mandy’s 2 girls, Blair (age 4) and Brynn (age 2-1/2) plus Kyle & Megan’s son, Jackson (age 4) live close and we see them as often as possible.  Unfortunately we don’t get to see Jennifer & Rob’s 2 boys, Grayden (age 4) and Reed (age 1-1/2) as often as we would like but still grab every opportunity available.  And now we are very excited to have just welcomed Kyle & Megan’s second son, Lincoln James, into the world on Oct 2nd.  He is a beautiful baby boy and a blessed addition to our family.  Another blessing on it’s way, Jason’s third child, everyone expects to be another girl (we will have an answer to that on October 24th), is due in early March.  We are creeping up to 7 grandchildren, how cool is that??!! We enjoyed a good visit with David when he flew in from Denver for Jackson’s birthday party.

Jackson's 4th birthday party w/Blair & Brynn

Spending time with all the family, working with the ministries at the Church, driving for the Cancer Society, remodeling/refurnishing the condo and getting Brian settled have all been good things that we have enjoyed and been able to accomplish during our “down time” these past two years. I have had the opportunity to strengthen some amazing new friendships with some wonderful Christian women and couples at Bristol Road and I thank God for them daily.  God always gives immeasurably more to us than we ask for or ever deserve.  We have an amazing God. 
 Reed & Grayden at the Pumpkin Farm in Tennessee

Although I am still under physical restrictions and medical treatment I am on the upswing and therefore we have decided to spruce up the RV and head WEST.  I don’t have to be back to the doctor for 6 weeks!!!  Yea!  Poor Bill will need a vacation when we get back.  LOL.

So HERE WE GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment