Wednesday, October 17, 2012


The Great Platte River Road Archway Monument
Oct. 16th, 2012
By Bill

This is the archway Bill has driven under many times.  The exhibits and displays are in the archway.
I don’t know how many times I’ve passed under the Archway Monument, but after watching “What about Schmidt” I resolved I would not miss the next chance to see it.  After all, I’d stopped to see the “Five Legged Cow”, why wouldn’t I want to see a monument to the westward expansion?


This is the sign telling us it was at the Next Exit --- we got off the highway really fast!
I was trying to finish watching my Beth Moore downloaded video.  Perfect timing!
The entrance

Well, we stopped, enjoyed!



An escalator takes you to the archway with all the displays.  Bill stayed behind to take a picture of me on it but by the time he had the camera focused I was at the top.  LOL


One of the scenes depicting a regular occurrence of the pioneers burying
 someonethey lost along the way.  That had to be so hard.
An example of the things they had to leave behind along the way to lighten their load!

I highly recommend it to any of you who are heading west.  You can’t miss it. It is OVER the road if you’re on I-80.

No comments:

Post a Comment