Saturday, October 20, 2012


Rocky Mountain High, Colorado
Oct. 18th – by Bill

Just entering the Colorado Rockies!!  Beautiful!

“Somebody” dragged in a bunch of these little seeds, which found their way to our bare feet.  Sheila slept on one all night so you’ll have to ask her for her version of the “Princess and the Pea” story.

I woke up several times during the night with something bugging me.  I kept thinking of that song "You can eat crackers in my bed.." but to my knowledge no one had been eating anything in bed.  Then I thought of the story of the "Princess and the Pea" which was about a princess that was so pampered that she couldn't sleep because there was a pea in her bed.  Well in the middle of the night I found whatever it was and threw it on the floor.  Next morning after I told Bill the story he found this thing.  No wonder I couldn't sleep with it.  I know life is good and Bill takes very good care of me but seriously I don't see myself as a Princess.  LOL.

We traveled to Rocky Mountain National Park for some breath-taking scenery.  For all the times I’ve been to RMNP, I’ve never seen it in the fall.  Spectacular!  And we’re here late – missed the reds – just “on fire” yellows!


If you click on a picture it will get bigger.  You have to see some of these blown up!

The trees looked like they were on fire when the sun hit them from the back.

Pity the poor folks, who have to look at this scene every day!

Winter had arrived in the peaks, but not at our elevation yet.

Big Thompson River


So tame I'll bet you could pet them.



This big guy was wandering just a few feet away from the road.
































Lily Lake -- See the very center, way in the back??  That is where Bill romantically got down on one knee and asked me to officially marry him and placed the beautiful ring he had chosen on my finger!  Okay I know we had already set the date, booked the church and preacher and invited everyone as a way of announcing it but.... this is a special place for us!

Bill stopped a guy and asked him to take our picture....afterwards there
was much discussion about our camera and if we were happy with it!!






We also went to Lily Lake, which is the place where Sheila and I “officially” became engaged three years ago when I gave her a ring.  








The guys have jackets, the girls had to be incredibly cold!



Another couple was there getting married.  Looked to be a pretty casual affair, but I admired the determination of the ladies who stood there shivering in the cold while their coats stayed piled up in the distance!  It was very cold and windy up there!





LOTS MORE PICTURES OF THE BEAUTIFUL COLORADO ROCKIES!!





This tree looked like it was budding with white flowers.  Beautiful and unexpected
at this time of year.  As we came up on it we realized it was just the wind blowing
the leaves up and this white color was the "underneath" part of the leaf.  Really
pretty.  Just the direction of the wind and God changes the look!  Amazing!



This is Sheila just not being able to resist adding a few more pictures.  I cannot keep things as simple as Bill does, even though he does a great job and is very discerning.  I just need to share more and more of the beautiful, gorgeous, amazing scenery that we have been blessed to see on this trip.  

We left the Denver area late morning on Friday --- I won't tell you anything else about that trip at this point but the next posting is going to be very difficult because we only drove about 250 miles and I had to change the battery in the camera twice and I think I am so far up to like over 1,000 pictures so far.  If today is anything like yesterday I have no idea how we (meaning me, Bill says I use that pronoun, "we" a little to generously) are going to narrow down the pictures for the posting.  

Heading out shortly to continue our journey to the Grand Canyon.  I can only imagine the magnanimous glory of God we are yet to see.  How blessed are we??  

No comments:

Post a Comment