Wednesday, October 17, 2012


The Great Tumbleweed Capture
Oct. 17th, 2012
By Bill

Bill thought the scenery was so boring that the power lines were the only thing of
interest.  I think it has it's own beauty.  Wide open spaces.

It is hard to imagine a more desolate part of the country.  Nothing but flat, treeless expanses of scrub brush.  The road is so boring, the only entertainment is watching the tumbleweed blow across the road.  Sheila had never seen tumbleweed before so she grabbed the camera to photograph it (how bored are we?) and I bet her she’d never catch one.  They move too fast and it takes a second for the camera to come on.  Of course, as you can see here, I was proved WRONG.  She got a pretty nice picture of one!  Later at a rest stop, we saw a truck which had also “caught” one!

Bill under-estimates my determination (ok, maybe stubbornness) but when
he said I wouldn't be able to get a picture of it, there was no way I was
going to NOT get a picture.  I thought it was cool!

Then, when we stopped for a break and lunch, Bill saw this 18 wheeler with
a tumbleweed stuck to the grill.  Had to have a picture of that.  LOL.
The wind was horrible all day which made driving the motorhome about unbearable.  I was down shifting to keep it above 45 on a road where the marked speed limit is 75!  Soon my arms ached from trying to keep the rig on the road.  Sheila kept trying to cheer me up by telling me that the wind would die down tonight.  We won’t be on the road tonight!

I am always in awe of the way the terrain changes.  We went from groves of
beautiful colored trees along the road to nothing but empty fields!

Then there would be a little more vegetation, although not what we
would see in Michigan/Ohio.  The diversity of GOD!

The clouds were pretty amazing today, sun was bright, if it hadn't been
for Bill's struggle with the wind, it would have been a great drive!

We eventually saw the Rocky Mountains in the distance.  What a great sight!  Tomorrow we hope to take the tow car up into the mountains and visit some places that are pretty special to us.

Met David for dinner!  Sorry, no pictures yet.  


We thought this was cool!  All the cows gathered around the windmill!
And then God surprises us with the mountains in the distance.  It is amazing how
He changes things curve after curve!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment